The museum is located at 6000 E. Valencia Rd. in Tucson, Arizona, and 5.5 miles east of the Tucson International Airport on the Southeast side of town. From the highway, Interstate-10, take exit 267 to Valencia Rd.
ADMISSION AND HOURS
The museum is open 7 days a week, from 9:00am to 5:00pm, admissions closes at 4:00pm (the last tours generally depart at 2:00pm). The museum is open every day of the year except Thanksgiving day and Christmas day. Parking is free. The museum is a pet-friendly facility (leashes required).
|Adult (ages 13 & up)||$15.50||$20.00|
|Pima County Resident||$12.25||$16.25|
|Senior, AAA, Military||$12.75||$16.75|
|Junior (ages 7-12)||$9.00||$12.50|
|Child (6 & under)||FREE|
Groups of 20+ must purchase their tickets in 1 payment. See the Groups page for information and instructions on how to purchase.
RIDING TOUR PRICES
|"Boneyard"/AMARG Bus Tour*||$7.00|
|"Boneyard"/AMARG Bus Tour (age 12 & under*)||$4.00|
|80-acres Tram Tour*||$6.00|
Your paid admission fee covers:
- The Main Hangar (3 hangars combined into one: Hangar 1, Spirit of Freedom & Flight Central)
- 2 World War II Hangars (Hangars 3 & 4)
- The Dorothy Finley Space Gallery
- The Arizona Aviation Hall of Fame
- The 390th Memorial Museum (a separate museum on our grounds)
- 80 acres with more than 150 aircraft (a 1.5 mile circuit) including the "Return Trip" contemporary art project
- Kids "Soarin' Saturday" and 1 Wednesday programs (adult participation required). See Education>Soarin'Saturdays for Kids page for details.
- 2 docent-guided Walking Tours:
- The "Highlights of Aviation" tour starts at the Wright Flyer at 10:30am (and 1:30pm Dec. thru Apr.)
- The World War II tour starts inside Hangar 3 at 11:30am (and 2:30pm Dec. thru Apr.)
[Note: This 50-minute tour timing allows you to proceed to the second/WWII tour with a short break after the "Highlights of Aviation" tour.]
Children (age 15 and younger) must be accompanied by an adult. Several wagons are available on a first-come basis for children. (Please do not use these for your pets.) Strollers are welcome (however they are not allowed on the riding tours).
Flight Grill, the highly-rated onsite restaurant, is open daily from 9:30am to 4:30pm. No outside food or beverages (besides water) are allowed in the museum.
During a paid riding tour, pets can stay in a climate-controlled area (1 large crate is available on a first-come basis or bring your own crate). Tour times vary in relation to historic attendance numbers. For more information on tour times see Tours.
Stickers are issued to paying patrons that allow same-day re-entry.
*Museum admission is required to take the Tram Tour of the museum's 80 acres. Museum admission is not required to take the "Boneyard"/AMARG bus tour, however a government-issued ID is required for anyone age 16 & over and check-in with ID is mandatory 1 hour before the tour. A child under 2 years of age is considered a "lap child" and does not require a "Boneyard"/AMARG ticket or tram ticket (limit 1 per paying adult per tour). See Tours for more information and USAF base restrictions.
By entering the museum facility and/or participating in a museum activity or event, you consent and authorize without restriction or compensation to the possible use of your and your accompanying group's image appearing in photograph, audio, video or other formats which may be included in future media or marketing.