RESERVATIONS NOW REQUIRED
Through a special Support Agreement, the Pima Air & Space Museum is the exclusive operator of the "Boneyard" Tour aka the 309TH Aerospace Maintenance and Regeneration Group (AMARG) Facility on the Davis-Monthan Air Force Base. We offer climate-controlled motorcoaches with an experienced, friendly docent on board to narrate the tour of the 4,000+ aircraft from the U.S. Air Force, Navy-Marine Corps, Army, Coast Guard, and several federal agencies including NASA in varying degrees of storage, being regenerated or recycled. All nationalities are welcome on the tour.
Advanced reservations are now required for this tour. All guests interested in taking this tour must have made a reservation and received a security clearance in advance. The security clearance will be given by Davis-Monthan Air Force Base from information collected at the time of reservation. Reservations must be made 10 business days in advance of the desired tour date, and can be made up to 90 days in advance. Please submit a Reservation Request here.
"Boneyard"/AMARG tours are only operated Monday through Friday and are not operated on federal holidays. The "Boneyard"/AMARG Tour schedule for the upcoming months can be checked below.
** "Boneyard"/AMARG Tours are subject to cancellation due to restrictions levied on us by the Davis Monthan Air Force Base.
At this time all individuals interested in taking the tour must provide the following:U.S. Citizens: 16 and older
- Full name as shown on U.S. Federal/State Issued Photo ID, including middle initial or middle name. (i.e. Drivers License or State Issued ID, passports are NOT accepted for U.S. Citizens)
- U.S. Federal/State Issued Photo ID type (i.e. Drivers License or State Issued ID, passports are NOT accepted for U.S. Citizens)
- U.S. Federal/State Issued Photo ID number (i.e. Drivers License or State Issued ID, passports are NOT accepted for U.S. Citizens)
- U.S. Federal/State Issued Photo ID place of issue (i.e. Drivers License or State Issued ID, passports are NOT accepted for U.S. Citizens)
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number
- Full name including middle initial
- Date of Birth
- Full name as shown on Passport, including middle initial or middle name
- Passport Number/place/country of Issue
- Date of Birth
- Country of citizenship
This information will be provided to Davis Monthan Air Force Base 10 business days prior to the tour date to perform a background check and grant security clearance. Day of tour, all individuals age 16 & older will need to present at the Pima Air & Space Museum Admissions counter the U.S. Federal/State Issued Photo Identification (Passport for Foreign Citizens) used to make their reservation. The bus begins loading approximately 15 minutes before the tour departure time. To load on the bus you need to have your U.S. Federal/State Issued Photo Identification (Passport for Foreign Citizens) and a Boarding Pass.
Security measures for the U.S. base are in effect. The U.S. Air Force prohibits the carrying of firearms, weapons, illegal substances, backpacks, camera cases, and other non-essential items on the “Boneyard”/AMARG tour. Please leave these items in your car. Carry-on items may include a small camera without the case and a small purse or fanny/belt pack. All items will be visually inspected before boarding the bus.
This tour is handicap accessible, please notify us at time of reservation so we can make the proper arrangements.