Community Outreach in the form of Donations from the Pima Air & Space Museum
Pima Air & Space is proud to be an active member of the community. We receive numerous requests for donations from various organizations. Even though we ourselves are a not-for-profit, we appreciate your organization thinking of us and are glad to offer an in-kind donation of guest passes to the museum (typically 4, retail value $62). Please follow these guidelines for your requests:
- Requirements: The organization must be a recognized not-for-profit (with a Tax ID number) operating in the state of Arizona. We are partial to organizations that further our mission: supporting education (especially science, aviation and aerospace engineering), preservation and history, plus orgs that support and honor U.S. servicemen. We also contribute to welfare and medical organizations for humans and animals. Nothing political or religious, and no religious education, i.e., no Sunday-school programs, nor churches/temples/mosques. Yes to schools with religious affiliations with a general education curriculum, i.e., Salpointe Catholic High School.
- Each organization is limited to 2 donations per calendar year, and don’t fret, we consider smaller organizations under larger umbrellas as separate organizations, i.e., UARA, the University of Arizona Retirees Association and the UA Pharmacy School, both may request up to 2 donations per year despite being under the University of Arizona umbrella.
- Our donation for individual youth groups (i.e., individual Scout troop XYZ) is the opportunity for free admission to the museum as a group with advanced notice (for information and reservations please contact 520 574-0462 or email). We welcome and fulfill most requests from regional youth-group organizations.
- Request: At least 60 days before your event, please send us a letter to the address below via the U.S. mail on your organization’s letterhead stating the specific use of the donation, i.e., for a silent auction to raise funds for science-classroom supplies. Non-specified requests will be denied. Please include a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) to mail you the passes! Email and telephone requests are not acceptable as they do not provide the SASE.
- In addition, as a non-profit we operate with a skeletal staff and unfortunately do not have the staff to track down requests. Please do not ask us to do so.
- Please conserve your resources: since we are a not-for-profit, we don’t need an acknowledgement or thank you letter, nor to be on your newsletter list. Just know we are happy to help.
Mail your request letter with a SASE to:
Community Donation Request
Arizona Aerospace Foundation
6000 E. Valencia Rd.
Tucson, AZ 85756
Approved requests typically take 3-4 weeks to process. Thank you for your cooperation and consideration.